Jay Graham – Principal
Since 9th grade, I told everybody I wanted to be an architect.
After receiving a Bachelor of Architecture at the University of Virginia School of Architecture (UVA), I was sitting near a landscape architect while in my first full time position. I thought he was having all the fun. "How can I have that experience?" I thought. Given the opportunity, I returned to UVA to study landscape architecture under Harry Porter, founder of the department. Upon graduation, my first work experience was with the planning office at the university. Three subsequent firms, and twelve years later, I opened my own office.
The new firm won a few competitions and thus established our reputation as a design firm. My background in architecture positioned us for many collaborations with architects.
- University of Virginia, 1972
Master of Landscape Architecture
- University of Virginia, 1969
Bachelor of Architecture
- Fellow, American Society of Landscape Architecture 2003
- Virginia Architecture license (retired)
- Maryland Landscape Architecture license # 359
- Virginia Landscape Architecture license # 0406000257
- Neighborhood Design Center
- Landscape Architecture Foundation
- Washington Architecture Foundation
- 1000 Friends of Maryland
- Hammond-Harwood House (President, 2014-2016)
- Maryland Chapter, ASLA